Are you tired of having a trusty computer for work and pleasure? Do you relish the anxious insecurity of knowing a creeper somewhere could be browsing all your personal and corporate information? Or are you just tired of things going smoothly at work and want some thin ice to walk on for a bit? Then this post is for you!
There are a lot of ways to make sure your laptop gets stolen and all your files compromised. Not only can you lose your personal documents, applications, pictures and videos, but your company’s confidential, proprietary data and sensitive customer data as well! It’s easier than you would think to completely mess stuff up, lose hundreds of dollars and make things pretty miserable for yourself!
Here is our patented, six-step, surefire way to make sure your laptop gets stolen and all your hard work gets tossed out the window:
1. Leave your computer in your car in plain sight, like the front or back seats
2. Carry your laptop in an obvious “laptop bag”
3. In public places like coffee shops, leave your computer on the table when you get up
4. Don’t have a secure system login password
5. Don’t back up your important files once a week and before going on trips
6. Assume it’s safe and will not get stolen today
Protecting your computer can be a little like convincing yourself to floss. You know what you should do. But do you do it? The answer to that question is the difference between a major disaster and a minor setback.
If you need any further convincing, watch this heartbreaking video about someone whose laptop was stolen with some very valuable information on it. Do you have a “how I got my laptop stolen” story? Would you add any tips to our 6-step, surefire method?